Tuesday 6 September 2016

Mikel Obi doubtful for Swansea clash


Super Eagles Captain Mikel Obi is doubtful for Chelsea as they prepare to battle Swansea in Wales this Sunday.

The 29-year-old picked up a knock on international duty for Nigeria against Tanzania and was replaced in the second half of that encounter as the three-time African Champions ran out with 1-0 victory in the final Group G game of the 2017 AFCON qualifier.

After the match national team boss, Gernot Rohr told the media: “Mikel asked to be replaced because he was injured and I took the precaution to do so because I did not want to hurt the club and the player.”

Mikel who captained the Dream Team VI to a bronze medal finish at the just concluded Rio Olympics Men’s football event has not featured for Chelsea this season with the Blues having a 100% start to this season.

However, Mikel is hoping to convince new Chelsea gaffer Antonio Conte that he can be relied on just like Nemanja Matic and former Leicester star N’Golo Kante who are currently the preferred defensive pairing.

“I want to get back into training and prove myself. I want to play and help the team to win games. Mikel wrote in his Evening Standard column.

“I know it will be difficult because I have missed most of pre-season and the coach has a new way of playing. But it is a positive thing for me that I have been playing well in Brazil and I’m in good shape.”

Chelsea have nine points in three premier league matches played so far this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HOT MUSIC: DAMCEE - AFRICAN GIRL

It's your boy oluwadamilola sodiq know as DAMCEE he's from ogbomoso based in Lagos, he comes with this dope track African girl you w...